Author Topic: Missing Files  (Read 925 times)

Offline Helen

• View Profile
Missing Files
« on: April 22, 2016, 17:22:03 PM »
Recently I have been renaming files in my gallery and today when I went to work on it some more I noticed that one of the albums has random files missing. I checked on my FTP and all files on these certain pictures have just disappeared. Thumbs, intermediates etc all gone. Everything was above board when they were renamed as I always wait after running admin tools before closing it off. As a site owner it looks awful and it's really disheartening knowing that despite working as hard on it it just looks a mess and that I'm lousy in it's upkeep. I don't know when the files disappeared but it's only certain ones that have and all of them as stated before were renamed when I last modified the album. If anyone can shed any light on this as to why it could be happening it would be greatly appreciated as I'm really frustrated as I work hard for it to be the best it can be. I've attached the link to the picture - http://imgur.com/mmqM0Fe

It's happening on jrhysmeyers.org/gallery
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 17:24:46 PM by Helen »

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
    • http://stars.bz
Re: Missing Files
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 00:23:56 AM »
Hello Helen,

I had a look at your files, and it appears the images in that folder were last edited about 3 weeks ago, on April 3rd.

I can't explain why a few random files would be missing. That is quite strange. It wasn't deleted by anyone on our end. Had a look in our backups, and the files are the same there too.

Do you have any co-owners that still have access? I would suggest changing all passwords, just in case. And hopefully it won't happen again.

Offline Helen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 04:17:22 AM »
No, no other members have access anymore as I have labelled their accounts inactive just in case they want to come back on board to help out. I honestly can't imagine any of them doing anything to it as they worked just as hard on it as I am at the moment. It happened on another album but I could be partly at fault for that one with using FileMove but I hadn't touched this album at all other than to replace them and rename :(

Edit; I've just had a look at my tweets as I always tweet what I'm doing on it as a reminder and I was updating thumbs that day. Do you think that could've caused it?
I also get this error when running admin tools and this was something similar that I was running in to when updating as I remember talking to Kaci about it stopping at a certain album

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16000 bytes) in /home/jrhysmey/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 448
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:31:41 AM by Helen »

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 18:37:57 PM »
Usually you get that error when there are too many photos being run by admin tools at the same time. See if you could perhaps lower the number of photos processed per each batch.

And the error might have caused your problem, but I'm not entirely sure.

I did notice that your folder names have spaces in them. You might want to consider not using spaces (or any other special characters) as this could potentially cause issues too.

Offline Helen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 11:06:24 AM »
I've always used spaces as did the previous owners and there has never been and issue and there are no strange characters in the folders as Coppermine wouldn't upload the files if there was. I'll just delete the files and consider it a lesson learned

Also off topic but rather than opening a new one do I need to notify you of a domain change? I've managed to buy back one of the sites originals domains that I have hosted and want it to be the main one :)

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 20:15:29 PM »
Regarding the domain change, it may be easier to simply park the domain, in cPanel > Parked Domains.

Then you can use both your existing domain and the new one simultaneously, without having to update any configurations or settings.

However, if you prefer to have the new domain as the main one, yes, please let me know what it is, either here or in a support ticket, and I can change your hosting account over.

Offline Helen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 02:53:38 AM »
Thankyou, thought it would be easier than sending a ticket over as I do want it to be the main domain as it's the one the sites always used before Hollywood hoarded it. It should be in my account soon so will let you know when I'll need it changing. I may keep using the current one now up until it runs out so people can access it through that one too just so I get my moneys worth :)

Offline Lindsay

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 21:45:39 PM »
Okay great, just let me know what the new domain is when you want it changed. :)

Offline Helen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 02:28:56 AM »
The domain is in my account now so just whenever you're ready (jrhysmeyers.com) :D

Offline Helen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 02:49:53 AM »
Couldn't find the edit button but I've changed the nameservers :)