This is a really quick tutorial on how to upgrade manually to the latest version of coppermine.
Information about the script: http://coppermine-gallery.net/
Always have a backup of your gallery, just in case
1. Log into your cpanel
2. Go to your gallery directory
3. Upload this zip to your directory: http://kacielizabeth.com/upgrade/include.zip
4. Unzip it
5. Delete the zip
6. Log into your coppermine gallery
7. Visit yoursite.com/photos/update.php
8. Click on Config in your admin menu
9. Make sure it says "1.5.42 (stable)"
10. Give yourself a nice pat on the back for a job well done.